The NUSC Football academy is designed to provide a supportive and competitive environment to build player's technical and tactical abilities, game understanding and mentality.
Players will take part in football sessions consisting of individual skill practice and game like practice through specific drills and small-sided games to gain maximum touches on the ball.
Players and parents will receive constructive feedback from the coach at the end of the term, outlining areas of weaknesses and strengths with homework and plans for going forward.
From the NUSC Football academy, teams such the U12's, U13's and U14's Federation league teams will be selected and worked with at a more elite level.
We aim to build a great football and family culture at the club and want to invest as much high-level coaching and support to the players and families as possible
Individual Technical work - focusing on
- Ranges of passing
- Opening out and turning
- First touch
- Shooting and finishing
- 1v1's and ability to beat players
Technical and tactical - focusing on
- Retaining Possession
- Small sided games - 2v2's, 3v3's etc
- Position based exercises
- Feedback on a player's performance over the term, identifying strengths and weaknesses, and constructive feedback with homework and ideas going forward
8 Week Programme
Tuesday Nights (Starting 30th Jan)
Boys U9/U10's/U11's 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Wednesday Nights (Starting 31st Jan)
Boys U12/13's/U14's 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Girls U10's and U12's 5:30pm - 6:30pm
Girls U14's 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Cost - $90 per player
Adam Thomas - Coach
- NZ U17's, NZ u20's and 2012 Olympic Games representative
- Coached Waibop Skill Centres and FTC
- Coached at Ole Football Academy in Wellington
- Founder of Adam Thomas Football and Olympic Football Coaching, working to build football in primary School children throughout Hamilton, Cambridge and Morrinsville
- Currently sitting NZ Youth Level 3 and NZ Senior Level 2 Coaching qualifications